I grew up in a family-oriented and fiscally conservative household with my younger brother and sister in Pittsburgh, PA. I moved to Alaska in 2005 when I was stationed at Ft Wainwright Army base outside Fairbanks. After a sixteen month deployment in Iraq, I left the Army to finish my education. In 2009, I graduated with a bachelor's degree in Finance and a minor in Criminal Justice from the University of Alaska- Anchorage.
Since then, I have worked in the Northrim Benefits Group, now RISQ Consulting, and am now their Benefits Consultant and Director of Business Development based in Anchorage. Staying active in my community is important to me and I am a member of numerous organizations:
- Alaska & Anchorage Chambers of Commerce
- Commonwealth North Healthcare Committee – Co-Chair
- Anchorage Hillside’s Home and Landowner Organization
- Alaska eHealth Network – Board Member
- Alaska Association of Health Underwriters – Past President and Legislative Committee Member
- South Anchorage Rotary
We are fortunate to live in a state with so much to offer. My personal interests include hiking, fishing, hunting and skiing with family and friends. I am even working towards my private pilot license.